Last week, I brought The Goonfather to Superdog at VivoCity because I had tried it once and loved it. The Ripper hotdog was crunchy and juicy. The bun was crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. The sauce was yummy.
But my second trip turned out quite disastrous.
- We were overcharged because the counter girl thought she was damn smart.
We had used two discounted-meal coupons in our order. We also ordered two individual items. But the counter girl didn’t key in the items as that. She split up the items in the discounted meals and keyed in everything individually.
The Goonfather told her that the tally wasn’t right because of that. She insisted she was correct. They had a ten-minute discussion which I didn’t hear because I was waiting at the seating area. Finally, he gave up arguging and sat down to work out the sums.
After a while, he figured it out and brought the receipt back to explain. The manager said he would check it out. It took a few of the staff 30 minutes to discuss and check, after which they came back and refunded us $1. *lol*
- They used the wrong bun on the wrong hotdog.
We ordered a Spicy Italian and a Ripper. The menu specifies that the Spicy Italian comes in a soft bun. And I know the Ripper comes in a toasted bun.
When our order arrived, the Spicy Italian was in toasted bun.
The Ripper was in a soft bun.
I know the hotdogs actually look quite delicious in the pictures. But read on.
- The Spicy Italian was charred and didn’t taste good. It was dry and tasteless.
- The toasted bun was dry and hard throughout, unlike the first time I had tried it.
- The Ripper tasted wrong. It wasn’t crispy, crunchy and juicy like the last time. It tasted more like cheap canned hotdog.
- The Ripper’s bun was coated with sauce when it came. By the time I was done with my meal, my fingers were disgustingly sticky. Aren’t they supposed to put sauce on the dog and not on the bun? (On the plus side, the sauce still tasted as good as before. Haha.)
I’m totally mystified. How could things get so bad so fast? Perhaps it was “one of those days” for the restaurant.
We also had a burger, which was quite nice but not spectacular.
But our overall experience was disappointing. After my first time, I had thought I’d found another nice fast food which isn’t too expensive. I love fast food and was looking forward to becoming a regular customer.
But after this round, The Goonfather swore he would never step back there again. Haha.
Oh, well. There’s always McDonald’s.