I am such an idiot. I went for a shoot one day early.
- I woke up at 6.50 am for the shoot, after only four hours of sleep.
- I wasted a lot of petrol getting lost because the location’s in the stupidest town ever built in Singapore.
- I tore out $3 worth of parking coupons.
All that for naught because when I showed up at the location, NO ONE WAS THERE.
I was about to make a phone call when something made me whip out my callsheet to have another look. It said 26 August. I remember tearing out 25 August on the parking coupons.
So, I kinda gaped stupidly for a while as my mind went blank and my eyes widened into a sleepy stoned stare.
I checked my callsheet again. 26 August. Checked my organiser. I had marked the shoot for 26 August in my organiser. Checked my phone for today’s date. 25 August.
I must be going senile.
I think it’s a combination of several factors that made my brain cross-wire.
- Too many shoots/jobs happening concurrently these two months.
- Too many last minute date and time changes for shoots, jobs and appointments.
- Stress resulting from my computer conking out two days ago.
- Desire to have this 4-month-long shoot over and done with.
- Last minute audition call.
After realising that I had turned up on the wrong day, I went back to my car and sat in there for 10 minutes, trying to figure out how I could have done this incomprehensibly moronic thing.
I’ve known for a week that the shoot was on Sunday but my mind kept telling me Saturday. I even went into a panic yesterday because I thought I only had yesterday left to finish learning my lines.
Early this week, I had even mentally mapped out my weekend.
Saturday: Collect runners’ kit for Run For Hope race, then go check out Odex burning event.
Sunday: Go for shoot.
But, yesterday, three things happened.
- I received an e-mail informing me that the shoot time has changed from 1 pm to 9 am. (But in all such correspondence, only the date and not the day is mentioned, and I’m not very good with numbers, usually.)
- I received an e-mail informing me that the runners’ kit collection is postponed to next week.
- I received a phone call asking me to attend an audition on Saturday.
I think my brain cross-wired everything and elevated my shoot to Saturday because a void was created by the postponement of the kit collection. And the audition call came in and confused everything.
I need to get a new computer and clean up my desk.
All this clutter and dysfunction is shorting my brain.
Maybe I need a new brain, too.