I was wondering how many people noticed the Nuffnang ad on my right sidebar when I first put it up a couple weeks ago. It was then a small blue ad like this:
It totally fits the colour theme of my blog so I thought it would blend in so nicely that some people might not even notice it.
But it seems like the ad has now turned into a big red Nike ad, so I think it’s time to say something.
I have till now been iffy about putting ads on my blog because I don’t want to mess up my blog’s clean design. But I discovered Nuffnang, a new blog advertising community that just set up office in Singapore. And I felt compelled to sign up because:
- The founders seem like fun and creative people and I like supporting fun, creative people. [Read their story here…]
- Their logo is cute and their corporate colour is my favourite colour.
- Nuffnang has a community element and organises events for members and I’m just a sucker for fun events.
- I could even earn some money while being a part of this fun thing just by giving up a tiny portion of my blog space for ads.
- Having more money would help because then I won’t have to temp so much to support myself and I would be able to spend more time blogging! (Ok, I totally have no delusions of earning heaps from this but every little cent counts lah.)
- The Nuffnang ad was cute and funny and I didn’t mind having it on my blog.
- The ads that will be served hereafter will be local ads to appeal to local readers, which I think is exciting.
So please support me by not minding the ads on my blog. I think Nike being the first advertiser is so cool, even though the ad colour doesn’t go with my blog, because I love Nike stuff.
Which reminds me… my poor Nike shoes are breaking apart (soles coming off) and I need a new pair for my jogging sessions with Nanny Wen. Arghh… I wonder how long it will take for me to earn enough money from Nuffnang to buy a new pair?
10 thoughts on “Pimping my blog for fun”
Carrie VS Daniel eh? Why not Carrie VS QY? Pretty sure you’ll win hands down :-p
so did i help a lil’ on that? prob the shoestrings?
Derrick: Haha… I don’t think so lah. My stamina not there yet. I’ve only been jogging (not even running) for 3 months, still very lousy.
koolgeek: Um… yeah, continue visiting my blog every day for the next two weeks or so and maybe that’ll be worth one shoelace. :P Thanks! lol
you’re running the nike ad … me too
uncle sha: coooolness! thanks for dropping by, i love your blog too! :)
I know you wrote this a long time ago, but keep in mind that the search engines are very picky about selling links. So if you do sell advertising, stick to the banners or you might drop a lot with your rankings.
Firenze: Thanks for the tip!
Nothing wrong with pimping your blog, as long as you get yo money!!
waoo!!! you edit about Nuffnang so PRO!
teach me!!! teach me!!!
teach me how to link about nike,LG… hahaaXD