Home Media About Contact
Jan 09

The first photo I’m going to show you today is an upskirt photo.

In fact, many upskirts!

Honestly, they could have picked a better place to show off their skirts.

This was taken in Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall.

The last time I went there (about a year ago), I was shocked by the offerings. It’s quite a big mall, maybe as big as Ngee Ann City? (Don’t shoot me if I’m far off. I’m bad at gauging size and distance.) But most of the stuff sold there was like 30 years behind fashion.

I just ended up buying some shoelaces and bling stickers and potato chips. =P

So, this time, when I saw the upskirt display, I was quite excited. From that distance, one of the skirts looked like something I would wear, although not to stand by a second-storey glass window.

We went upstairs to find it. It’s a big store, about four times the width of what you see in the first photo. And the damn skirt was nowhere in sight! Argh.

So I didn’t buy anything but snacks this time.

WOOH SNACKS~~!

Our lovely shopping cart after we were done:

I love shopping for snacks more than I love shopping for clothes and shoes!!!

(Partly because snacks are cheaper, lol.)

Everything in the shopping cart was the work of the girls. The guys only contributed one item in there: A 24-can carton of Heineken. (It’s hidden below the pile of snacks cos it was the first thing that was grabbed when we stepped into the supermarket.)

The whole lot cost us only S$92!!!! Including the beer! OMG. Split seven ways, we only paid like $13 each!!

What an unhealthy holiday. We had pizza and steak for lunch at a western-style restaurant.

I didn’t really enjoy it because I was a little too sleep-deprived to enjoy food and also because my tenderloin steak was crumbly.

That was seriously the worst tenderloin steak I’d eaten in my life. It wasn’t cheap, too, at $10.

The pricing was a little dubious. For $10, you could also buy a meal that includes two personal pizzas (size of a stretched palm), one chicken steak and two cokes. I think those tasted miles better than my atas $10 tenderloin, if my friends were to be believed.

After lunching and shopping, it was about 5 pm. We decided to head for a massage at the Sports Massage Centre. I think they’re quite big and have several branches in Batam.

The centres all look really dingy from the outside (no photo because I don’t as a rule like to take photos of ugly things) but the inside is nicely decorated and there are at least three storeys of massage rooms.

I took the milk bath package which includes a one-hour full body massage, half-hour body scrub, 15-min jacuzzi milk bath and 15-min sauna. All for about $38 after conversion.

They gave us private rooms with attached bath tub and steam/shower stall, although the “rooms” had no doors. The whole damn floor only had curtains.

And funny signs.

I am still in the process of appreciating massages. It’s really hard for me cos I’m super ticklish in many parts of my body.

People are supposed to be relaxed when being massaged but I have to tense up my whole body in order to control the ticklishness to manageable level. Even then, I can’t stop bursting into giggles and shaking violently at specially ticklish parts.

(The first time I went for the same massage a year ago, it was painful and ticklish at the same time, so I was either screaming or giggling through the hour.)

By the time the massage was done, I was exhausted and managed to drift off to sleep for a while during the body scrub. Except it was hard to sleep cos the masseur kept waking me to turn over or tie my hair or something.

The scrub was nice, though. Very shiok and not ticklish. (I can’t think of a comparable English word for shiok for this occasion!!)

The sauna was nice except that I couldn’t stay in there too long. It’s so hard to breathe steam! I had to keep opening the little door to let out the steam when it got heavy, which kinda diluted the effect of everything.

But I liked how my cheeks glowed after that! Unfortunately, the effect didn’t last. Next time I’ll take a photo!

My jaccuzi milk bath… went down the drain even before I had the chance to sit down properly because I fiddled with the wrong knobs and couldn’t figure out how to get the drainer to close again.

I totally do not get spas.

By the way, the milk bath was a little disappointing, even before the fact that I drained it prematurely. It wasn’t milky white like I expected, but a murky barley colour.

But I will try it again next time. I think the jacuzzi would be quite shiok also.

We went for dinner after this and then back to our resort to chat and eat snacks. The guys tried to finish their 24 cans cos we can’t bring it back to Singapore. Haha. I think they all got a little beer overdose after that.

By 4 am, I tried to sleep. Exhausted as I was, I couldn’t sleep because of the snoring symphony.

And then it was 7 am and alarm clocks started ringing. OMG.

End of Day 1!

Love, Sheylara

Categories: Friends, Travel

50 Responses to “Batam Trip: Upskirt, massage and milk bath”

1. Relax says:

Skirt FAIL
    Engrish!

Oh man, after all the massage, milk bath, and sauna, you went exhausted? WTF?

Anyways,
    FIRST! :P

2. DamnMorgan says:

Shey.. that was awesome.. yeah… cheers =)

3. Peaches MOde says:

That’s a cool mall!

4. zhuzhu8376 says:

hi Shey

Now wonder you claim that you didn’t eat much only one meal , so many tibits how to eat a normal meal?
    I only just ate a caterpillar with topping only loh.

:P

5. Michael Yip says:

Somehow, nothing on your page loads for me. LOL. All I see is blank and a few lines of text and this comment box.

6. kriscell says:

I went to that mall as well when I was in Batam. There is a nice cooked food restaurant just outside of the mall. Price good, food good.

7. RN1209 says:

@Sheylara: Hmm… you can try “pleasurable” as a proxy for “shiok”, I guess. Anyway, wonderful post! It was a very enjoyable morning read for me, hehe:)
    Looking at the pics of your shopping cart, I am reminded of the cardinal rule of shopping – don’t do it on an empty stomach:) BUT, since the total bill came to only $13 per pax, I suppose its excusable…

8. Minou says:

RN1209 : We did the shopping after lunch, so we shopped for snacks on a full stomach.

Imagine if we shopped on an empty stomach. LOL

9. DamnMorgan says:

Sheylara..
    last christmas, i was in hospital.. but i sneaked out.. yeah me and my gal bought a lot of goodies from a shop.. we went to a children home n distributed the goodies to the kids.. yeah had a great time with the kids..

yeah.. some of the kids never had brownies n ice cream before.. it was an awesome christmas treat for them… yeah =)

10. Miss Loi says:

Which Sports Massage centre you went? The one opposite Hotel Harmoni gave me the best massage of my life.

Now I’m missing Batam + the cartons of Indomie!

11. Sheylara says:

Relax: Er… what’s wrong with being exhausted after a massage? People always fall asleep during or after one. :P

DamnMorgan: Thanks! Cheers =)

Peaches Mode: Well, it was alright. :P

zhuzhu: Haha. Most of the tidbits were for bringing back to SG. :P So how did your caterpillar taste?

Michael Yip: Hmm, that’s weird. I wonder if it’s a StarHub problem… since some undersea cables got cut a few weeks ago?

kriscell: Hmm, I don’t remember a restaurant outside the mall. Only remember some non-aircon coffee-shop style eating places.

RN1209: Pleasurable doesn’t seem to have the same oomph as shiok, do you think? Well, like Minou said, we shopped for those after lunch! hehe.:P

Miss Loi: Um… the one we went to has a big KFC restaurant just opposite. I have no idea about street names. Haha. I just went wherever the van took us. :P

Is the Indomie there different from the Indomie in SG? Or is it super dirt cheap or something? We didn’t even go there. We spent the whole afternoon in the tidbit aisles alone. haha.

12. Relax says:

Ohhhh sleepy….

exhausted is like working too much until become super tired. I thought u mean that mah

Ya. Last time I took a hot Turkish bath and hot sauna and then I napped so happily :)

13. tiger4 says:

Great post especially the photo of the funny sign.

Yes, no words in the English dictionary beats the word “Shiok” in describing how shiok a person is. Somehow the OMPH factor is not there.

@Sheylara: btw, did you receive my email for my GTA IV? :(

14. DamnMorgan says:

hey shey..
    yeah shiok is definitely one word that should be in a dictionary..

i use the word AWESOME so often, the kids in church are now using that word to describe almost anything.. good thing they never hear me saying WTF… or else the church elders will kick my sexy butt…

15. DamnMorgan says:

by the way,,, the sign… PLEASE BE QUITE.. PLEASE BE VIBRATE YOUR HANDPHONE OR KEEP SILENT YOUR RINGTONE..’ kinda funny.. it should read.. ‘PLEASE BE QUIET.. ALL HANDPHONES AND VIBRATORS MUST BE IN SILENT MODE..’ =P

16. tiger4 says:

@DamnMorgan: “ALL HANDPHONES AND VIBRATORS MUST BE IN SILENT MODE”

Hmmm… I dun know ladies bring their vibrators to spa. :P

17. zhuzhu8376 says:

Shey

Taste not bad …..:P

The best thing is the colourful topping. ^^

BTW, i shared with Peaches Mode.

18. Peaches Mode says:

Zhu! Shhhhhhh!!!! I told you not to tell. :P

19. Sheylara says:

Relax: Actually, I was exhausted also. Remember I was all tensed up during the one hour of massage. :P Plus not enough sleep for two nights already.

tiger4: Thanks for your agreement. :P Do you mean your email with your address? Yes I got that. Your GTA4 is on the way to you. :)

DamnMorgan: I use the word awesome a lot too. I think I have at least one in almost every blog entry. Haha. I’m trying to cut down these days.

By the way… you mean there are vibrators that play music?? :P

zhuzhu: Ok, I wish I hadn’t asked :P

20. Peaches Mode says:

Please be “quite”. Hahaha!

21. Horizon says:

Looks like Batam is better than what I’ve imagined.

22. Yoi says:

er… didn’t ‘shiok’ or ‘syok’ comes from the english word ‘shock’?

23. Wang Wang says:

Omg QY, I look OLD in that pic…. >. 2 hour body massage
    -> 1 hour feet massage
    -> 30 min body scrub
    -> 30 min aromatherapy (if hv)
    -> 10 min steam
    -> 20 min milk bath

But morte will scold me if I go again cuz I still hv 2 spa packages in singapore haven’t finish…

QY, have you finish your titbits? You are extremely welcome to eat mine… cuz I haven’t touch any :P

24. Wang Wang says:

Hey, something wrong with the comments… wat i wanted to say before the ’2 hr body massage’ was that :

I want to go back to Batam … SOON!

25. aaron says:

waaaaaaaaa this pervert….lols just joking…

26. zhuzhu8376 says:

Shey

Too late liao …. hehe you already asked wahahaha

Peaches Mode and i leave some for you , the best part of the caterpillar. :p

27. RN1209 says:

@Minou: Actually that shouldn’t surprise me, considering how much Sheylara LOVES her tidbits:) By the way, I think you looked smokin’ hot in the tiger ears and make-up during the Nuffnang costume party! Kerrendor is one lucky guy, hehe:)

@Sheylara: You want OOMPH? How about “orgasmic”?:)

28. Peaches Mode says:

Too late zhu, it’s all been consumed. LOL.

RN: 1209…

29. zhuzhu8376 says:

Peaches Mode

Don’t tell me the best Part you also ate it already?

I referring to the head la :P

30. curryegg says:

You must be tired sheylara. Btw, I do agree that those skirts should be showed somewhere else. Lol..

Take rest whenever you can.
    ;)

31. tiger4 says:

@RN1209/Minou: Got 2 agree with you, RN. Minou is super hot in tat tiger looks. So hot this tiger is making her picture as my desktop wallpaper :P

32. RN1209 says:

@Peaches Mode: Err… what? Or was that a typo…

33. Sheylara says:

Horizon: So what did you imagine Batam to be like? But then my pics aren’t an accurate representation of the entire Batam. I only took pictures of the nicer places. :P

Yoi: It did??

Wang Wang: OOps, sorry dearie. I didn’t notice cos you always look good to me!

Speaking of tidbits, I have so many tidbits now my shelf is overflowing, and I have 4 more bags of tidbits sitting on the floor cos got no place to keep them! Haha. :P Still have a lot from shopping trips before Batam, plus yesterday I bought even more from Watson’s.

I bought of tin of Hello Kitty biscuits in a very very cute tin!!! I almost wanted to buy the HK cereal but too bulky already. Ended up I had to take cab home from Bugis. :(

aaron: Who pervert? Where? Where?!

zhuzhu: No! It’s a trick! The “best part” must be the poisonous part!!

RN1209: Er… that’s a bit too drastic leh. I didn’t actually… ahem. ;)

curryegg: Hi girl! Nice to see you here. :) Thanks for your concern! I think I’m perpetually tired nowadays :P

tiger4: Uh oh… I better warn Minou she got new stalker. :P

34. abraxis says:

Hmm. Can’t sleep because of multiple snorers? Solution: Earplugs!

35. michelle says:

Whoa..glad you had fun there! I always bring back lots of snacks and noodles back every visit (but never EVER clothes). Lol. The amount of malls are sprouting like nobody business in Batam man. But I only go back for my relatives, the food and the relaxing. AND food. (:

36. Minou says:

Eh????
    ?????

37. zhuzhu8376 says:

Shey

No….no…not poisonous part… The best part is the most tasty part la.:p
    if poisonous i will kena killed by the fellow fans of your.

38. Peaches Mode says:

RN: 1209… <– Birthday? :P

39. RN1209 says:

@Peaches Mode: Yes, you got it!:) You can join my PI firm, hehe… But the birthday’s not mine, though:)

40. Sheylara says:

abraxis: Ear plugs are uncomfortable leh. I get earache if I use them for too long.

michelle: Haha cool. Are the noodles that good? I shall buy some next time. Never really thought of that! Are there any nicer malls in Batam? My friends always go Nagoya leh, I never seen any other before. :(

zhuzhu: Aww how sweet of you. :) But you guys can keep it and thanks for the gesture. :P

RN1209: Are you guys starting a PI firm to stalk Minou??! Let me warn you first, her partner is an unarmed combat expert!!

(in Fallout 3). lol.

41. RN1209 says:

@Sheylara: What? No lar… its a reference to some earlier post while we were time-travelling:) Besides, who dares to stalk Minou? She’s a beautiful but deadly tigress!:) And Kerrendor will kick our asses, too…

@Minou: In case you’re still wondering what this is all about, me and tiger4 both think you looked really good in your tiger ears and make-up that time… only thing is, tiger4 seems to like how you look WAY too much, hehe:)

42. Minou says:

RN1209 : OK, I feel better now. LOL

43. tiger4 says:

@RN: Thanks for the clarification man, now I DEFINITELY will failed in my Club Morte application :(

44. RN1209 says:

@tiger4: Haha, pai seh lar bro… but at least Minou feels better, mah…:) Anyway, don’t worry… I will also fail one… then I can accompany you to SAFRA, ok?:)

45. Sheylara says:

RN1209: Haha. I know. I’m just teasing you, like you were teasing Wang Wang about ECP. :P

46. RN1209 says:

@Sheylara: Heh, I should’ve guessed:) But that’s in a future post, so I didn’t make the connection right then:)

47. joseph says:

u went for milk bath package which includes a one-hour full body massage, half-hour body scrub, 15-min jacuzzi milk bath and 15-min sauna. All for about $38 after conversion.may i know where is the place???i m going in 3 day later..thanks..

48. Sheylara says:

I don’t know the address, but it’s called Sports Massage Center. I believe taxi drivers will know it. Quite a popular place, I think.

49. Cherling says:

Very pretty blog! Funny and interesting details as well. For shopping, you can visit
    also Mega Mall near Batam Ferry as well as BCS (Batam City Square) Mall near Nagoya and DC(Diamond City) Mall.
    You should visit there as the things there are even cheaper than Nagoya Hills because it is like Batam’s Orchard Road. ^_^